Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tuesday Night Dinner - Low carbohydrate, Low fat AND Nutritious

Perfect! Especially seeing as I needed to balance out the MSG-filled noodles I had for lunch at uni, and the Lindt milk chocolate I had in the afternoon. The chocolate came free with the latest issue of Delicious, and my logic dictates that if food is free, it can’t be bad for you! Hmmm… dubious. However, I did go to the gym today, and twice in the two days before that. So hopefully this will tip the scales in my favour, literally speaking.

103. Cauliflower with Cumin
104. Cambodian Hot and Sour Beef Salad


Nigella’s super-simple Cauliflower with Cumin is more of a suggestion than a recipe – all it takes is two ingredients, and twenty minutes in the oven. Like the braised fennel, this low-fat, highly flavoured way of preparing cauliflower is aimed at preventing the potentially repetitive boredom of a restricted diet. She says that “this is the best way to eat cauliflower, diet or no diet”, and having tasted it, in all its charred and spiced glory, I’m inclined to agree with her.


Cauliflower in Cumin

Now, for the salad.

Take one bowl of dressing…


Dressing – fish sauce, lime juice, sugar, shallots and chillies

…and some grilled, thinly sliced steak…


MEAT!

…mix through a packet of supermarket salad leaves…



…and Bob’s your uncle!

This salad was absolutely ace! My dad had to keep putting his fork down to praise it. “This is great. Very delicious. Very tasty.”

No comments: