Saturday, September 10, 2005

Update on the chorizo situation

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "chorizo" I acquired yesterday from Rendinas Butchery are the very "tight-fleshed, too lean and unyielding, so-called 'Spanish-style' chorizo" that Nigella warns against.

See, I was flicking through Nigella Bites this morning, and in her recipe for Chicken with Chorizo and Cannellini, there's a picture of proper chorizo - loops of dark red sausages, dense and firm in appearance - like the ones I've seen in restaurants.

Even when I bought them yesterday I didn't think they looked totally authentic, but when you're desperate for a sausage...

The ones I had yesterday were nice sausages, but I don't think they were proper chorizo. I've got to make a trip down to Casa Iberica in Collingwood soon to get my hands on proper big spicy Spanish sausages.

No comments: