Thursday, September 22, 2005

Butternut and Pasta Soup

Sorry, I'm in the middle of writing an essay due in tomorrow, and I only started today. Stapes. So this is going to be a quick post.

131. Butternut and Pasta Soup (One & Two)

I made earlier today, at the same time as making the children's chocolate mousse that I wrote about in my last post. Simple, and not too time-consuming.

To make - cook onion in oil, add chopped pumpkin, then wine, stock and bayleaf. Cook for ten minutes. Add soup pasta (I used macaroni again), and simmer until cooked. Nigella says to serve it with parmesan. I'm out of parmesan, and used pecorino instead. Also I added chilli oil when eating. Great combo.


Soup - 1 bowl


Soup and toast - the bread you can see is Phillipa's Olive Toscano and Corn Bread. They're bloody awesome!

The soup's ace. It's cold outside, and this is hearty and warming.

No comments: