Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sarah Discovers How to Eat – Progress Report #9 [February]

Sarah keeps plugging along. And finds lots of those really random little recipes, hidden away in chunky paragraphs of text.


Facts & Figures

By this stage, I conclude that it is pointless to be calculating recipe rates – as of 1st March 2006, I have completed 285 recipes and 3 months left of the project. So I’ve got 92 days to do about 115 recipes. It’s totally doable. I think…

(What does it say about me that 9 months into my project, I still haven’t figured out exactly how many recipes are in this book?!)


Hits

Gooey Chocolate Puddings (Fast Food)
Baked Sauternes Custard (Weekend Lunch)
Apple Crumble (Basics etc.)
Garlic Fried Potatoes (Feeding Babies and Small Children)
Zabaione (One & Two)
Fried Prawn Cakes (One & Two)
Christmas Queen of Puddings (Basics etc.)
Cheese Stars (Feeding Babies and Small Children)
Bakewell Tart with Fresh Raspberries (Weekend Lunch)
Kale with Chorizo and Poached Egg (One & Two)
Chick Peas with Sorrel (One & Two)
Macaroons (Basics etc.)
Hollandaise with Saffron (Basics etc.)



Misses

Nah… it was all pretty good this month.


My progress

Tsk tsk tsk. I really did not entertain enough this month. That’s gonna change. As of tomorrow, I do believe. My friends should brace themselves for a barrage of emails, phone calls and text-messages. I'll be inviting them over, we'll be co-ordinating schedules, and all the while my one and only, constant request will be for them simply to "eat... eat... eat...".

xox Sarah

No comments: