Saturday, May 06, 2006

Goodbye to Cooking In Advance!

I have now finished the Cooking in Advance chapter!!

I have to say, I think that this chapter is my favourite out of the whole book. I mean, it's just got such a high proportion of hit recipes! Those stews! That chick pea soup! The trifles! The baked ham pasta!

The only ones I didn't like were the South Beach black bean soup, the incredibly feral pheasant stew, and the baked spiced aromatic plums. 3 not so good recipes out of 26, (or 23 out of 26 great recipes). That's an 88.46% success rate. Those are pretty good odds.

Here's a look back at all of them...

45. Anna’s Chick Pea and Pasta Soup
32.
South Beach Black Bean Soup
209.
Consommé
204.
Italian Broth
205.
Gnocchetti di Semolino
300.
Baked Veal and Ham Pasta
210.
Kafka-esque or Soft and Crispy Duck
67.
Oxtail with Mackeson and Marjoram
190.
Cawl
274.
Greek Lamb Stew
108.
Venison in White Wine
42.
Chicken and Chick Pea Tagine
288.
Beef Stew with Anchovies and Thyme
79.
Braised Pheasant with Mushrooms and Bacon
162.
Ratatouille
189.
Aubergine Moussaka
60.
Petits Pois à La Francaise
188.
Onion Mush
71.
Rhubarb, Muscat and Mascarpone Trifle
347.
Proper English Trifle
157.
White Tiramisu
340.
Quince Syllabub
113.
Stem-Ginger Gingerbread
186.
Almond and Orange Blossom Cake
194.
Baked Spiced Aromatic Plums
195.
Barbados Cream

I really, really love Nigella's stew recipes. In fact, recently I've been craving stew pretty badly... but I've already done them all! I'll have to console myself with another delicious roast for lunch today. *Sigh*... life is tough.

No comments: