Friday, December 30, 2005

One more post about leftovers...

Last night Aunty Wendy and Uncle Francis came over to hang out, and Mum offered Aunty Wendy one of my star-topped mince pies. She had one and said, "Hey, this is good". I thought she was just being polite, until 5 minutes later when she looked at the jar again and said, "ooh I think I might have another one!" Score.

Later that evening I was quite hungry, but had no idea what to eat for dinner. So I grabbed some more turkey, and placed it between two slices of plastic white bread, with cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lettuce and some slices of tomato. Then I toasted it, and ate it. It totally rocked. This might sound like a silly thing to say, but fresh turkey is so much better then the processed stuff!


turkey sandwich

And, as I later found out, my dad enjoyed the leftover turkey meat as well - in a bagel. He had it with bread sauce, cranberry sauce, mustard and lettuce I think. Bread sauce! In a sandwich! How inspired!

No comments: