Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sarah Discovers How to Eat – Progress Report #8 [January]

Sarah makes her first ham! And appears in Australian Gourmet Traveller! Wow!


Facts & Figures

Bloody hell, I only made 28 recipes this month! This is because of work, Chinese New Year, and general apathy.

My recipe rate is down to 1.06.

I really need to turn it up a notch. Bam!


Hits

Despite my making relatively few recipes, a high proportion of them were fabulous.

Rhubarb Meringue Pie (Weekend Lunch)
Pasta Sauce with Sausage (Feeding Babies and Small Children)
Chicken Patties (Feeding Babies and Small Children)
Pea, avocado and mint salad (Dinner)
Cod with Clams (One & Two)
Crab & Saffron Tart (Weekend Lunch)
Baked Caramel Apples (Weekend Lunch)
Home carpaccio of beef (One & Two)
Golden Root-Vegetable Couscous with Chorizo (Weekend Lunch)
Harissa (Weekend Lunch)
Great Aunt Myra's Moroccan Orange and Date Salad (Weekend Lunch)
Sweet and Sour Cabbage (Dinner)
Pavlova (Dinner)
Ham in Coca Cola (Weekend Lunch)
Cherry Pie (Weekend Lunch)
Lemon Curd (Basics etc.)
Ham & Turkey Meatballs (Feeding Babies & Small Children)
A Summer Lemon-Meringue Pie (Weekend Lunch)
Braise-roasted lamb with Caper Sauce (Weekend Lunch)


Misses

Duck liver sauce – One word. Ew.
Bread & Milk


My progress

Everything seems to be going smoothly (touch wood) and the whole cooking-and-eating-together thing is really enjoyable. I think I’ve reached the stage of the project where I really need to just get my head down and push on through.

xox Sarah

P.S. The “Q&A with Sarah” post is coming soon!

No comments: